A refreshing sorbet that's perfect on a hot summer's night. Doubles as an elegant dessert when served in fancy glasses.
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 1/2 c peach or pear nectar or juice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- mint leaves to garnish
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and place in the freezer until chilled, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove bowl from freezer and stir in the nectar and lemon juice.
- Pour into an 8" square baking pan and freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and stir with fork, making sure to scrape icy parts from the sides of the dish. Return to the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Stir mixture again; freeze for an additional 45 minutes.
- Transfer the sorbet to a food processor or blender. Pulse 4-5 times until the sorbet is smooth (be sure not to over process as the sorbet will melt).
- Serve at once or freeze until ready to use.