When you reeeeeally want chocolate pudding, but you only have the staples in the pantry.
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 c milk
- 2 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, salt and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until boiling.
- Continue to boil, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm or chill until needed.