Double Chocolate Brownies
The perfect fix for any chocoholic!
- 9" x 13" pyrex pan, greased and floured
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c chippits milk, white or semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt chocolate squares and butter together in a double boiler over hot water; let cool a few minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, then beat into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in chippits.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until done.
In my opinion, these brownies don’t need icing. However, if you truly believe that all brownies should be iced, perhaps omit the chippits from the batter and instead sprinkle/spread them on top of the brownies as soon as they are removed from the oven. Yield 1-2 servings (heh heh heh!)