Lazy Daisy Cake
My Grandmother's recipe and my son's favourite cake …even with the vegan substitutions!
- 8" square pan
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs *see note for vegan substitution
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 c coconut shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and flour the 8×8 baking pan
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until light; stir in dry ingredients.
- Heat milk to boiling; add butter. Add this to first mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
- Boil topping ingredients 2 minutes.
- Unless you really want to remove it, just leave cake in pan and poke hole with the handle of a wooden spoon. Spread hot topping onto hot cake.
- Broil 3-5 minutes until topping bubbles, if desired.
- replace the 2 eggs with 2 tbsp ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp hot water, allow to sit for a few minutes.
- replace the milk and butter with non-dairy varieties.