Sticky Cinnamon Buns
It would not be Christmas morning without these!
Servings 12 buns
- Muffin tin
- 2 c flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 c butter divided
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar packed
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 c raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease 12-cup muffin tin
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk; mix until blended.
- Turn dough onto floured counter and knead 8-10 times.
- Roll dough into rectangle: 12" long by 1" thick; trim off uneven edges.
- Cream the 1/2c butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in raisins and cinnamon.
- Drop 1/2 tbsp into bottom of greased muffin cups.
- Spread the remainder over dough.
- Starting at the short end, roll the dough up jelly roll style and then cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place one piece in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing buns.
- Optional: glaze with a milk/confectioners' sugar mixture.
I usually make these Christmas Eve and then just pop them in the oven Christmas morning.