Best banana bread ever, probably due to the sour cream.
Servings 1 loaf
- ½ c butter melted
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 bananas ripened and mashed
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter and flour one 9×5" loaf pan.
- Stir together melted butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and stir until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream and bananas.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
To make 3 mini loaves instead, bake at the the same temperature but for 30 minutes only; test to make sure of doneness. And if you have a sweet tooth like me, add some milk chocolate chippits to the batter because everything is better with chocolate!