Easy delicious scones!
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 c raisins ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease baking sheet
- In small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture.
- Sir the sour cream mixture and egg into flour mixture, until just moistened.
- Mix in raisins, if using.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured counter and knead briefly.
- Roll or pat dough into 3/4″ thickness.
- Cut with a 3″ cookie cutter or glass to make circular scones and place 2″ apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.