An easy make-ahead breakfast casserole that never disappoints!
- 1 lb bacon diced
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 4 c frozen shredded hashbrowns thawed
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 c shredded cheddar
- 1 ½ c shredded Swiss or Gruyère cheese or a combination of both
- 1 ½ c cottage cheese
- ¼ c green onion or chives chopped
- Heat oven to 350F
- Spray a 9×13" baking dish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon and onion until bacon is almost cooked through; drain.
- Transfer bacon and onion to a large bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.