Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Perfect soup for a fall afternoon.
- Immersion or other blender
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 med onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 c broth – veggie or chicken
- 2 lb butternut squash
- 2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c half & half
- 2 tbsp sugar or honey
- 1/4 c sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the squash in half and bake for 1.25 hours. When cooled, scoop out pulp.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onions until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, squash, spices, sugar/honey and half & half.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender; return to pot.
- Ladle soup into serving bowl – add a dollop of sour cream (optional).