Cream of Asparagus & Spinach Soup
Low carb, vegan and quick to make!
- immersion blender
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 g fresh asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 1 c fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 c coconut cream from the top of a can of coconut milk
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add onion and garlic cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook until vibrant green.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a deep pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Whisk in coconut cream until well blended.