Cauliflower Soup (Low Carb)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 large cauliflower (8 c (32oz) Costco’s bag is perfect!)
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled)
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 c celery (chopped)
- 1 med onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 4 c chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 4 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut cauliflower into 1-2″ florets
- Place cauliflower and garlic on baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and combine. Sprinkle with S & P. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In pot, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil. Add celery, onion and thyme and cook until fragrant, translucent and soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add roasted cauliflower and broth to pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cubed cream cheese and use an immersion blender to create a smooth soup.
Nutrition per serving: 6g carbs | 125 calories