Romaine with Oranges & Pecans
Love this salad – the dressing is the bomb!
- 2 heads romaine, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 c pecan halves, toasted in skillet on stove
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced or try whole mandarin pieces
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 small purple onion chopped
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender and blend until well mixed.
- Note: Make up the dressing ahead and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place lettuce, pecans and oranges in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
Another great salad idea: replace romaine with spinach and oranges with 1 1/2 c strawberries.