Romaine with Oranges & Pecans
Love this salad – the dressing is the bomb!
- 2 heads romaine, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 c pecan halves, toasted in skillet on stove
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced (or try whole mandarin pieces)
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 small purple onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender and blend until well mixed.
- Note: Make up the dressing ahead and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place lettuce, pecans and oranges in salad bowl and toss with dressing.
Notes: Replace the romaine and oranges with spinach and strawberries.