Quinoa Greek Salad
One of my kids’ favourite salads.
- 1 c quinoa (cook accordingly to package, cool and fluff)
- 2 c grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 c pitted kalamata olives
- 6 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 purple onion (halved, then thinly sliced)
- 1/2 english cucumber (diced)
- Feta (for sprinkling)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Whisk together dressing ingredients (except oil) in a small bowl; slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- Let dressing sit at room temperature while you prepare the salad to allow the flavours to meld.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl; add remaining salad ingredients and toss with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. The longer it sits, the better the flavour.
- Just before serving, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with feta.