Beet and Strawberry Salad
Another winning beet salad to use up all the lovely beets in your garden.
- 5 med beets
- splash olive oil
- 1 1/2 c strawberries sliced
- 1/2 c goat cheese crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Trim tops and bottoms from beets and cut in half. Place on piece of foil, drizzle with oil and wrap up. Roast for 1 hour. Cool slightly.
- Once beets are cool enough to handle, cut into small cubes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Combine beets with strawberries and toss with the dressing.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and green onion.