Leftover Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie
Use up all those leftovers!
- 4 c cooked turkey meat (cubed)
- 2 c frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 2 c frozen green beans (chopped)
- 1 c celery (chopped)
- 2/3 c butter
- 2/3 c onion
- 2/3 c flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 3/4 c chicken broth
- 1 1/3 c milk
- 4 9″ unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Simmer peas and carrots and green beans until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain vegetables and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat, cook onion and celery until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, pepper, celery seed, onion powder and Italian seasoning. Slowly whisk in milk and chicke broth until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens. Remove from heat; add the cooked veggies and turkey meat and combine.
- Divide mixture and spoon into 2 pie crusts; top each with remaining pie crusts. Pinch and roll the top and bottom crusts to seal and cut several small slits into the top of the pies with a sharp knife to release steam.
- Bake in preheated oven until crusts are golden brown and filling is bubbly, 30-35 minutes. If the crusts brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.