Don't skip the coconut – it adds texture and taste to these treats!
- 1 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 c shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, coconut, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream sugars with butter until well combined; stir in syrup, vanilla and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet – mixture should be crumbly.
- Form dough into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet; flatten balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes – edges should be firm and tops should be browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly on baking sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
If dough is too crumbly and refuses to be rolled into balls, add a tsp at a time of almond milk to the dough.