Banana Oat Bars
So healthy and a perfect use for those over ripe bananas in your freezer.
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 c oat flour (- or make your own by processing 1 1/3 c rolled oats in a NutriBullet or similar blender)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extras as desired: hemp hearts, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins (add any or all)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 c almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment, letting sides overhang so bars will be easier to lift out.
- In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients and extras; set aside.
- In smaller bowl, mix together bananas, maple syrup and almond milk; add to dry ingredients mixing until just combined.
- Spoon and flatten into prepared pan; bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan before removing to wire rack.