Vegan Banana Oat Bars
So healthy and a perfect use for those over ripe bananas in your freezer.
Servings 9 squares
- 8 x 8 baking pan
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 c oat flour (make your own by processing 1 1/3 c rolled oats in a NutriBullet or similar blender)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment, letting sides overhang so bars will be easier to lift out. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix together the oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix together bananas, almond milk and maple syrup; add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add chia seeds, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds and raisins; mix to combine.
- Spoon and flatten into prepared pan; bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan before removing to wire rack.