Oatmeal Fudge Cookies
Just stovetop cooking for these treats.
- 3 c rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c your choice extras: (chippits, chopped nuts, raisins, coconut)
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 c evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- Combine oats, vanilla and extras; set aside.
- Over med/high heat, combine sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove sugar mixture from heat and stir in butter and peanut butter until melted.
- Quickly add oat mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Drop by spoonful onto wax paper; let cool 2 hours to set.