Another Christmas cookie tradition.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c sugar
- 6 oz milk chocolate chippits
- 3 peppermint candies crushed
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; grease lightly
- In mixing bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar and continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in chippits and peppermint candies.
- Drop by teaspoon onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until meringues can be easily lifted from paper.