Another of my dad's specialties, tweaked just a little to make it low carb.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 1 c sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 c beef broth
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- S&P to taste
- Combine meatball ingredients and form into 12 balls.
- Brown balls in butter; remove and set aside.
- Add onion, mushrooms and garlic to pan and cook until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Add beef broth and scrape the bottom of pan to get all the yummy bits.
- Whisk in the sourcream and xanthan gum until smooth.
- Return meatballs, mushrooms, onions and garlic and simmer on low for 20 mintues. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles – or over riced cauliflower if low carbing.
Nutrition for 3 meatballs and 1/2c sauce: +/- 6g net carbs and 450 calories.