Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
The peppers are a nice change to a plain tomato sauce.
- food processor or blender
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sweet red peppers julienned
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 c crushed tomatoes (canned is fine, with puree)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 pear peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c fresh basil chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta
- Sauté peppers and carrots in oil over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Purée sauce in food processor or blender; return to pot.
- Cook and drain pasta; toss with sauce.