Mac and Cheese
The perfect comfort food!
- large casserole dish, buttered
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 3 c milk
- 3 c cheese - any combination of sharp cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 c breadcrumbs
- pinch paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook and drain macaroni; set aside.
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and stir in flour. Cook for a minute, stirring constantly, to make roux.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Stir in cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted an sauce thickens.
- Put macaroni into casserole dish; pour sauce over and stir well.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet, add breadcrumbs and toast over medium heat.
- Spread breadcrumbs over macaroni and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes.