Indian Butter Cauliflower
Another delicious curry dish!
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 1 large cauliflower (cut into large florets)
- 2 1/2 c coconut milk (divided)
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced, divided)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 5 1/2 oz tomato paste
- 1/4 c parsley (chopped)
- Preheat broiler; lightly grease a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In large bowl, stir together cauliflower florets, 1/2 cup coconut milk, ginger and 1/2 of the garlic.
- Marinate for 10 minutes then spread out on prepared baking sheet.
- Broil cauliflower for 4 minutes or until the edges begin to char. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in spices and continue stirring for another minute.
- Stir in tomato paste, and then stir in remaining 2 c coconut milk.
- Bring sauce to a hard boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and any pan juices, to sauce. Cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add parsley.