Salmon with Panko/Parsley Crust
Servings 4 servings
- 4 6-8oz salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 c panko crumbs
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- S&P to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a small bowl, mix together panko, parsley, zest and S&P. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and stir until crumbs are coated evenly; set aside.
- Place salmon skin side down on board. Generously brush fillet tops with mustard.
- Press panko mixture thickly on top of mustard.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a 12" cast iron pan over med-high heat. When oil is very hot, add salmon fillets, skin side down and sear for 3-4 minutes, without turning, to brown the skin.
- Transfer pan to hot oven for 5-7 minutes or until the salmon is almost cooked through and panko and browned.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes.