Make-Ahead Mashed Potato Casserole
Original recipe from Canadian Living Christmas but modified
Servings 10 servings
- 3½ lbs potatoes (russett or yukon gold)
- 250 g cream cheese
- ¼ c butter
- 1 c green onions chopped
- 1 c sour cream
- ½ c minced fresh parsley
- pinch dried marjoram and S&P
- ½ c coarse fresh bread crumbs
- In large pot, boil taters for 20 minutes or until tender, not mushy. Drain and let cool slightly; peel.
- Mash taters until smooth; blend in cream cheese and butter until melted.
- Mix in onions, sour cream, parsley, marjoram and s/p.
- Transfer to 8" baking dish; smooth top and sprinkle with crumbs;
- Casserole can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly golden.