For our feathered friends on those long winter days.
- Muffin tin
- 1 c peanut butter (natural is best)
- 1 c lard
- 1 c oatmeal
- 1 c cornmeal
- 1 c flour
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 c sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- 1 c peanut pieces (unsalted)
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with papers; set aside.
- Put peanut butter and lard in a glass bowl and microwave at medium heat until melted; mix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into muffin tins.
- Chill until firm and freeze until needed.
Note: My feeder is diamond shaped and fits two suets at a time, wide tops together. I therefore try to remember to make a hole in the centre of the filled muffins with a straw before I freeze them, in order to incorporate the metal bar of the suet holder.