Fluffy Cloud Bread
The low carb un-bread!
- baking sheet lined with silicone mat or parchment paper; lightly sprayed with cooking oil
- 3 eggs yolks and whites separated
- 4 oz cream cheese or sour cream room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat softened cream cheese into yolks until fully combined and smooth.
- In another bowl and with cleaned beater attachments, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until glossy and opaque – mixture should form stiff peaks that don't fall over
- With a spatula, gently fold yolk mixture into egg whites until just combined.
- Scoop batter onto baking sheet forming six circles. Spread out the batter until 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown..don't open oven door while baking. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Once the breads are completely cool, carefully remove each slice with a spatula.
Cloud bread is best eaten immediately, but it may be stored in the fridge up to 5 days in an airtight container, layering parchment between slices to prevent sticking. Cal: 100 | Net carbs: .7