Crispy Tofu with Peanut Sauce
Giving the tofu a light dusting of cornstarch before sautéing ensures crispiness.
- cast iron skillet
- 1 16oz extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Cube tofu and toss with cornstarch. Heat sesame oil in cast iron pan; sauté tofu for 20 minutes or so until golden and crispy.
- Mix together sauce ingredients.
- Add half the sauce to the tofu in skillet; and gently heat until ready to serve.