- 1 lb asparagus fresh, trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb bacon chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ c ½ & ½
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c Swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place asparagus in a steamer over 1" boiling water and cover.
- Cook asparagus until tender but firm, about 5 minutes; drain and cool.
- Sauté bacon until cooked, remove and drain.
- While bacon is cooking, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg and S/P; set aside.
- Sprinkle asparagus and bacon into pie plate.
- Cover asparagus and bacon with grated Swiss.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake uncovered until firm, about 35-40 minutes
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.