Apple Spice Loaf
The infamous loaf that cinched the purchase of our house!
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c apple peeled and shredded
- 1 tsp orange peel finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg whites, oil, brown sugar, apple and orange.
- Add flour to apple mixture and stir until combined; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack.